Friday 17 August 2012

Welcome to the World of the Guild

Welcome.

Book One - 'The Creators' is the first in the Guild 'quadrology' - it started as a single book written in November 2009 as part of the NaNoWriMo challenge.  Each subsequent November, I have written a new book in the series and what I thought was going to be "Just" a single book, then a trilogy; has turned into a 'quadrology'.

NaNoWriMo for those who are unaware of it - is National 'Novel/November' Writing Month and the challenge is to write a 50 000 word novel in 30 days.  When I started, I had no plot, no characters and very little experience. But . . . the challenge thrilled me.  For those 30 days I wrote my heart out - no editing and no back-tracking - just writing.

At the end of 30 days I had 'The Creators' - well an early version of what you will now read or have already read.  I was so thrilled with the end product and the response of family and friends that I was going to rush out and publish it - immediately!

Luckily, I didn't.

Four years and a heap of experience later, Book One - The Creators is being published by Balboa Press.  Editing and re-writing are a far greater challenge than the initial write-up. However, the JOY of knowing that within weeks my book will be available for a world-wide audience, has been worth every correction, and hour of work.

I hope you will follow along on Facebook as well as this Blog to hear updates about book one and also  the second book in the series - The Destructors - which should be available mid 2013. 

Welcome to Sarah's world and the World of Imagination and Creation.


No comments:

Post a Comment