Thursday 4 July 2013

Talented family helps with re-write.

One of the suggestions that Balboa Press made was that the synopsis of Book One - at the beginning of Book Two could be expanded a little.

I spent around 3 hours working on it yesterday afternoon and finally came up with something that I thought might be effective.  Elizabeth was quite impressed and made a few suggestions. Then I ran it by Matthew and he hated it.

But... he was so constructive with his criticism and then sat down with me and spent an hour working on a new, punchier, stronger version.

According to him... I was making the mistake of 'narrating' the story, rather than providing a synopsis. I was so impressed. My son is a gifted IT programmer, but he has shown great writing skills - thanks Matthew.

No comments:

Post a Comment