Friday 14 June 2013

Back at Last

Sincere apologies to any fans of my Blog - Chronicles of the Guild.  I have been extremely neglectful and stopped writing for the last six months on this site.

Excuses: Well I have a few:

  1. I was diagnosed with cancer - colon cancer to be exact and had to have surgery to remove a Grade 3 tumour - yes it had spread to the lymph nodes.
  2. I had to undergo chemotherapy for six months
  3. During my chemo - I concentrated on my health and healing and gave up on almost all writing, except my chemo-journey journal; a few poems, Facebook and my personal blog Vesta. So I guess I didn't really give up on writing, just working on my novels.

But . . . now I am back. 

I am thrilled to announce that at the end of May, when my chemotherapy was completed, I began re-writing and editing Book 2 - The Destructors.  Conserving energy, I re-wrote and edited the whole book, nearly 60 000 words and just over a week ago, completed the first full edit.

This week I have had an amazing time:  My PET & CT scans have shown that I am totally cancer-free, my blood tests have told me that my cancer markers are going down even further - another sign to great health ahead and  today (just a couple of hours ago) I signed a contract with Balboa Press to publish Book Two. 

So with some seriously hard work and effort, I am hoping to have the manuscript into the first round of production in the next two weeks and hopefully have publication by the end of August.

So keep reading and follow on Facebook - Beverly's writings - where I will keep you all up to date with the news.
https://www.facebook.com/BeverlyAdairWritings

1 comment:

  1. Beverly you're an amazing lady, the latest news is phenomenal and good for you to continue writing. I'm so inspired by you and all you do.

    My wish for you is phenomenal health, huge successes with your writing and to always have plenty of love surrounding you... which I know you do.

    Cheers my friend!

    Love and hugs from across the pond,

    Darlene

    ReplyDelete