Thursday 6 September 2012

Marketing Dilemmas!

As a writer, and now a Published Author (doing the happy dance); I am finding myself in the new position of having to market my book.

BUT HOW?

To self-promote is not an easy task for any of us, but if I am not prepared to do it, then who will?

So these are the things I have done so far.

  • I have started this Blog
  • I have 'attempted' Twitter, but this is a challenge
  • I have self-promoted my book at a Writer's Workshop - this one was quite successful and I had fun.
  • I have shared my progress with friends on Facebook
  • I have been reading marketing strategies and discussing 'costly' marketing packages with my pubishing company
But now what . . .

My book is at the printers, so I feel as though I am in a holding pattern above ground, waiting to land, and running out of fuel.  Excited and impatient.

Some of the ideas that I have:

  • To visit all local bookstores and promote it directly to the staff
  • To visit our local library and see if they are interested in me doing a reading/promotion/book signing
  • To visit local schools and offer a copy for their library - with the information on how to order the book if people want their own copy
  • I thought about approaching our local newspaper to try and arrange an interview about being a local self-published author
  • To attend fairs/shows and have a signing booth
  • Give talks on being a self-published author
So here are my marketing ideas. 

I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas; to get 'The Creators' out into the market place.  It is a book that I am very proud of and I know that the story of Sarah and the Guild will inspire you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment