Sunday 9 September 2012

Writing Thought of the Day

Sharing the JOY of writing with others, inspires not only them, but also oneself.

I have always loved writing, but it was only when I started my Creative Writing courses at University that I found the magic of writing in a community.  My greatest question was "How was I going to write on demand?"  I have always written best when 'inspired' rather than pressured.

Yet, each week I was inspired and challenged, and both of these things allowed and encouraged me to write.

So what holds you back from writing? Is it time, commitment, courage, fear? 

My major breakthrough came when I did NaNoWriMo, (refer to previous blog post) and wrote a 50 000 word novel in 30 days.

I overcame this challenge by breaking it down into 1667 words per day; or 209 words per hour over 8 hours; or just 4 words a minute for 8 hours. Now we work at work for 8 hours a day - so why not be a writer for 8 hours a day.  It became easy and fun.

My advice is the following:  If you think you have a book to write, put it down on paper becuase:

The book is already written you just need to share it with the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment