Sunday 30 September 2012

The Creators - Autographing my very first book

My book was officially published on September 5th, 2012 and Mum was the very first person to order one from Amazon, even though at the time it was still only available for pre-order.  I was so excited when she told me she had done this.

Well, who could top this?  I guess my Matthew did.  I have been in hospital recently having shoulder surgery and then a couple of days later, being readmitted for ongoing colon issues.  This resulted in me getting some rather scary news that I have a cancerous tumour in my colon, which will require surgery on October 8th. With all this going on, Matthew appeared on one of his visits and from behind his back produced the very first copy of my book that I had seen. Even my own proof copy from Balboa Press had not arrived.  He had ordered it from Balboa direct and paid extra to have it express posted.

Totally thrilled and delighted with it and with him I spent the evening grinning from ear to ear.

On being released from hospital, I had a chance to sit down with Matthew and sign his copy for him.  Thank you Matthew for this amazing gift. I love you so much.

Watching Mom sign his book

 
Autographing my very first copy of my novel for Matthew
 

 Matthew and I will the very first copy of The Creators that I held.

My beautiful son.  His sisters' did state that they thought he had gone a bit overboard in trying to earn brownie points in getting the book so quickly and early.

1 comment:

  1. How awesome is this Beverly. You have a very special son indeed! :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete