Wednesday 26 September 2012

No time to rest for a writer

Welcome to another day.  I have discovered that even with shoulder surgery (Wednesday 19th Sept) and a colonoscopy and hospitalisation (Friday 18th - today) - there is still time to be a writer.

Last week I underwent arthroscopic shoulder surgery to repair a busal tear and other ligament problems in my left shoulder; as well as having cortisone injections into both carpal tunnel ligaments in my wrists.   Action plan was for a few days rest and then back to writing next week.

Unfortunately, Friday saw me re-admitted to hospital for further tests for ongoing colotis, which had left me dehydrated again!  So by Sunday I was very, very bored and asked for my laptop to be brought into hospital. The joy of modern medicine and modern technology has meant that I have been able to rest my arm on a pillow and sit typing a fresh 2000 words of my non-fiction book. 

I even inspired myself.

Now news regarding 'The Creators' - orders are being shipped from Balboa Press bookstore (my son's copy was delivered express) - he is so proud of his Mom that he ordered it as soon as it became available and is therefore the first in the family to get a copy. The book is also available from Amazon.

Today my bookmarks, postcards and business cards promoting 'The Creators' arrived - they are beautiful. I had the joy of signing my very first autograph in my hospital bed.  One of the nurses has ordered my book from Amazong and I gave her a bookmark, which we asked me to sign. 

So as the title of the post said :  No time to rest - time to write, write, write.

No comments:

Post a Comment